The Government of Laos, with support from the World Bank, the Swiss Agency for Development has set up the Poverty Reduction Fund (PRF) to deliver small scale development project including support to livelihood activities at the Kum ban and Village levels. The project is now seeking for:
National Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Vientiane office), Key responsibilities
1. Take a lead in updating achievement indicators based on results framework and providing key data for project management and donors;
2. Lead the preparation of key project reports (English and in Lao version) with the different PRF concerned divisions and units to ensure that the contents of the different reports is consistent with the guidelines and requirements;
3. Ensure that regular monitoring of physical progress and funds disbursements of sub-projects’ implementation are reports;
4. Supervise and analyze regular data collection through the project implementation and ensure quality of the data by random verifications and validations, all key data related achievement indicators and project management; and
5.Provide assistance to external consultant to undertake several special studies, including: project Impact Evaluation (Endline evaluation), Technical and Cost Effectiveness Studies, etc.
Required qualificationsand experience:
- A university degree in rural development/social sciences, Computer Engineering and Systems, or economics.
- At least 2 years of experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, data analysis and report writing or related experience.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Lao is essential.
· Comprehensive computer skills: in particular MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Database software, SPSS program, basic of website design, email and the internet;
· Working knowledge of project planning and implementation
· Familiarity with government and international project operations disciplines is an asset
· Excellent Communication and social skills
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Willingness to regularly work in rural areas
· Women and small ethnic group members are encouraged to apply.
Detailed job descriptions on Attached file or at PRF Office
All interested applicants should submit (1) a cover letter outlining clearly how the candidate meets the required qualifications and experience of the position mentioned above, (2) a detailed CV with one (3x4) photo and (3) supporting documents (certificate of the most recent employment, certificates of qualification/graduation, transcript of graduation, a list of at least three referees from most recent work places, etc) to the HR Officer,Poverty Reduction Fund, Prime Minister’s Office 501 building, Sisavathtai Village, Chanthabouly District, P.O Box 4625 Vientiane, Tel: 021 261479-80, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com. Please note that all submitted documents will not be returned. PRF provides competitive salary and benefits.
Deadline for applications: July 20, 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for negotiation